Friday, May 10, 2013

The Hunger Games

Josh Hutcherson is the reason I watched the movie. I have been a fan since Bridge to Terabithia. His character, Peeta, is the reason I read the books, which I finished Monday.

Great read! These are the things I liked about the trilogy, aside from Peeta, of course: the plot, length of the trilogy, strength & variety of characters, and how 'real' it felt.

Though I think it's wrong to compare it to Twilight, I can't help it. This is my gauge, THG was a lot less annoying. The point of view bothers me sometimes, especially during Katniss' confused and whiny states. I would really love to read it again, this time in the third person, and see if it makes an improvement.

Gale was someone I didn't really warm up to. For me, he's character was replaceable, though not insignificant. I also wonder what directions the story would take had Gale been removed entirely. Because surely, he had been there to complete the triangle.

I can't wait for the next movie. Sam Claflin (Finnick) and Jena Malone (Johanna) will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment