Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Invitation

an invitation by julienne m. nephithyrion

An Invitation

Every night I hear maudlin music played
from a distance, or maybe two steps back.
Its strings are like a wonderful array
of stars that the skies now lack.
It sings right in front of me, but far away
waiting at the end of a cul-de-sac.
It's you, if not me, 'cause I never was
the very voice I hear of a latent lass.

~ julienne m.


My poem An Invitation was published in 2007 by EditRed in their collection Scream. That time I used a pen name: Hayden C. Clear. Now that I look back, it's a bit corny. =D
The image above is a bad watercolor painting I made yesterday. Edited with GIMP. :)

2 comments:

  1. aylavet juls! both the poem and the watercolor...not bad at all! do write more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Raine! dli bya ko poet/writer..gana2 lang :D

      makalimot jud ko aning reply na thread style ba..

      Delete