Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

"Today is the beginning of the end."

LOL I got that from a status update of a friend.

New year's day is a perfect time to talk about beginnings. It's the time most people make resolutions, to do or not to do certain things, which most also tend to forget a month after. I used to make new year's resolutions, then it became middle-of-the-year resolutions, until I stopped altogether. I believe every day is a beginning, or a chance to begin, to have a fresh start. But I don't want to start all the time. What I'm trying to say is, if one's following my line of thought, that I'm a slacker. If I had a vice, it would be sleep. That's what I want to change badly. God help me.

This year I pray for new beginnings for my friend and his family who lost their house in the recent Magallanes fire; also for all those victims of all floods in Mindanao, from Iligan and to Cagayan, Bukidnon and Carmen, Davao del Norte. May all the lost souls find peace, and the ones left recover quickly.

Happy New Year!

2 comments: