Friday, September 23, 2011

Barry Pepper

Barry PepperBefore Eric Bana's Hoot, there was Barry Pepper's Private Daniel Jackson, the tough sniper from Saving Private Ryan. After watching that movie, I became a fan.

In all the films I saw him in, he always gave great performances. The Green Mile, We were soldiers, Flags of our Fathers... all memorable. I bought The Snow Walker from ebay because I've never seen him in a lead role.

Last year I got a nice surprise when I watched True Grit with my parents. I didn't know he was in it and when he came out, he was all covered up, hairy, and dirty. But if you've seen him many times before, you wouldn't miss his nose. He played a bad guy, but what a bad guy! With those teeth, he could rip John Wayne's. :)

This week, the History Channel played the miniseries The Kennedys and, for me, Barry Pepper as Bobby Kennedy's the highlight of the show. He is an amazing character actor and it's about time the world recognise this talent.

Here's to Barry Pepper for winning an Emmy.
I hope you get a Golden Globe, too!


P.S. I hear he's going to be in a Terrence Malick film. That is something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment